A shelf corporation can be very valuable in creating credibility for your business. Here are some tips that will help you build your own corporation
1. Purchase your own corporation – you must find a reputable company that offers these corporations without any negative information. You need to perform a shelf corporation verification.
2. Change the ownership with secretary of state for the state you purchased this corporation and request certificate of good standing to send to the secretary of state where you want to actually do business.
3. Register with the secretary of state in which the state you plan to do business. You must file a “foreign status” with that state and submit a certificate of good standing from the original state that is less than 60 days old.
4. Register your corporation for an office suite or home office.
5. Register your corporation with your local business phone service. Make sure you request a remote call forward number and have that number go to voice mail or your cell phone. Make sure your new business phone number is listed in the 411 business directory.
6. Order your corporate kit so you will have your corporate seal and documents needed to open bank accounts, rent space, etc. with your new corporation.
7. This step is the most critical part of the corporate building process. Register with Dun & Bradstreet for the credit builder service.
8. You can apply for corporate credit cards. They will, however, look at the personal credit so you want to make sure you have a 700 plus FICO score.